Sunday, April 20, 2008

I know that my family is...super cool

It finally happened. I am an aunt. Let me repeat that...maybe with the proper emotion I truly feel...I AM AN AUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In case you were wondering, I'm really excited about it. My sister gave birth to Nathan and Courtney on April 16, 2008. There was a lot of excitement surrounding this event and, don't you worry, I'm going to write all about it.

School began as unassumingly as possible on the 16th. I decided, for the first time in ages, that I would actually turn my phone on silent. This would prove to be part of my demise. 6th hour began and I decided to check my phone. To my surprise there was a missed call and a new voice mail message. I looked at the number and I didn't recognize it. My first guess was that it was my dad's car phone, not his cell phone but the one that really belongs to the car and only the car. Pure logic would have it that I should check my messages, so I did. I was my dad and this is essentially what he said...

Since you seem to think that you are forgotten and remain outside of the loop I am informing you that your mother and I are on our way to Allentown because your sister is being prepped for a C-section. You will be an aunt tonight so consider yourself informed.

At this point I ran out of my classroom, amid whispers of "I've never seen her move that fast" from my students, to the social studies room next door. I announced, very loudly, that i was going to be an aunt TONIGHT! not listening to the murmurs of congrats and excitement, i bolted to tell Gillis my news...don't worry, at this point i started to tear...ok...maybe you could use the word cry if you want...

I wish that was the only excitement that I had that day, but alas, it was not to be. My dad informed me that I needed to get an update on my cell phone. I, being the good and obedient daughter, the one who ALWAYS listens, went and got an upgrade. 2 1/2 hours later my new phone was working and I got to find out about the twins. Words cannot describe them so I think I'll show you...enjoy.





Courtney is in the white cap, Nathan the blue...

1 comment:

Brandon and Celia said...

Steph! I just found your blog through a bunch of other blogs but it started with the Sessions. :)
It is good to see your blog and know that you are doing well. I have often wondered if you went back to New Jersy. Keep in touch.
Brandon