Sunday, September 14, 2008
I know that I've been busy...
So, it's been a while since my last post. Lots of things have happened. Let me list them for you...since I know you've been DYING to read about it...
1. I spent a blissful month on the east coast taking care of my adorable niece and nephew. I would go to bed around midnight, get up to feed a baby at 3, 6 and then 9. (they were eating every 3 hours for the most part) Then of course there was the laundry, cleaning the house and...the bottles. So many bottles...you'd wash them all and it seemed that 20 minutes later, you'd have to wash all 16 bottles again. Of course they were worth it.
2. I planted a vegetable garden. I will never see the fruits of my labor because the garden is in PA..."that's not fair"...that's what you're thinking. I agree but it was fun. Sweating, digging in the dirt and dealing with TONS of gnats...it was worth it.
3. I learned to feed 2 babies and play with the dog at the same time. What can I say...I've got talent :)
4. I survived my first summer without work...barely. I think I read 100 books in 3 weeks. Maybe more...I can't be too sure.
5. I've acquired a new pet...or 3. I have adequately mourned Wadsworth the hamster. He died in May and Lisa, Kellen and I buried him in Kellen's mom's backyard. It was a beautiful funeral and Lisa made sure to give him a headstone as well. When I got back from the NJ/PA area, I went to the pet store and purchased Wadsworth the Second and his brother. I presented the brother to Lisa for her birthday with the promise of free room and board for the duration of his life. He hasn't died yet...She named him Winston. So we have Winston and Wadsworth. Then came Weston. He ran away from his home in Queen Creek and ended up in a friends house. She was terrified of him so he ended up in my house. We love him...stink and all.
6. School has started again and this year is easier than last in the aspect of teaching. I now know what I'm doing so that's good. The kids will be the death of me. This I can already tell.
And that's my life so far...see you next time...
Oh yeah...and i turned 25.